This has been a full week! Things started off somewhat "slow" as we eased the students into what will become an increasingly packed schedule...
Monday was all orientation stuff - we talked through our hopes, desires & expectations for this trip... a great team-bonding time as we spurred each other on and grew in excitement and anticipation for all that God would do!
Tuesday and Wednesday were FULL of teaching and training with our first speaker - John Vermilya. Good stuff - we were challenged and inspired!
Thursday was spent debriefing and "digesting" all that John had taught...
On Friday, our final team member arrived (she came late because she is a teacher in Vail, CO and needed to finish out the school year) - so we've been getting to know Heather and doing some further team building etc.
Saturday we went White Water Rafting as a team (for team-building purposes, naturally!) and then explored the Red Rocks Amphitheater.
We have been doing well - and Evee has adjusted to the "constantly-changing" environment remarkably well! We're looking forward to another full week with several different teachers... We're only 2 weeks away from departing for Liberia!
7 comments:
Red Rocks is cool! I went there for a concert years ago. Departure day for you all getting close?
ya - we leave Sat. June 14
Thanks for the overview of the week. Thinking of you often! Love you!
Thanks for the overview. Please keep updating, because I doubt I am going to hear much of anything from Rob! :) Glad things are going well.
sounds like a good time!
I am so excited for you guys. Never a dull. I will think of you when I eat chicken nachos and bean dip (which is quite often)! I have 15 hour done of my 50 hours of supervised counseling before I get certified. All is well with the family.
Missing you guys a ton! Went to Indy wine festival this weekend and had a nostalgic moment knowing you both would have LOVED it. We'll call sometime this week to chat before you leave. Love you guys!
Post a Comment